Thursday, November 3, 2011

Spirit Man

So. I haven't posted in a while because. Because. Because I have been going through a time of processing life. I have a lot of school work, I have lots and lots of Starbucks in my life. And, in general I just needed the time to think of things, and to really, really work on my relationship with God. So. In this time of quiet, and in this time of really seeking out God there are things that are being poured into my life that I never thought imaginable, and there are things that I've seen, done, and heard in the presence of God, and it's SO cool. See, here's the thing. The love of God is incomparable, incomprehensible, intoxicating, divine, and awe inspiring. When the Holy Spirit comes and lives in you, it's impossible not to feel the love of God. Some people fight it, they fight the Holy Spirit and the joy and love that comes with it, because they don't feel worthy, or they just don't understand. No. No no  no. The Holy Spirit loves the humble, those who open themselves up to him. Those who are not afraid to go there, to go where he is asking you to go. You see, there is far more to God than rules and religion, in fact, that is not God at all. God lives in the hearts and spirits of man, and if you refuse to acknowledge that it's your own problem. However, I have been acknowledging it. I think that God loves to laugh. And frankly, if I'm going to be honest, I'm a pretty hilarious person, especially when I do some of the stupidest things ever, and realize that what I'm doing is stupid, and start giggling away, I think that God loves to laugh along. Along this cool new journey I have been investigating and experiencing the Supernatural, I have been talking and listening to God. And it is the most beautiful feeling ever. What started all this off for me was when the Peters came to our church. When I first found out that they were coming months before they arrived it was like hope was born in my heart, and in my dry bones. When they were finally here, I said to God: I feel like there is going to be a breaking in my spirit this weekend, and I'm so excited. Well there was, I was so blessed and I felt like that what God imparted to me is being stored in my heart. See, I love the fact that anytime of the day, anyone can take time out of it and talk to God. Talk to God on your way to work, in lines at the Grocery store. Sing on your way to work. God doesn't care if you have Adele's voice or not. Just pour out your heart. God wants you to know him, he wants to know you more. He wants to know the intricacies of your day, and of your heart from your mouth. He loves you more than anyone could ever imagine, and he wants to talk to you. He loves your laugh, your stories, he is compassionate with your sorrows and pain. Each person is of equal worth in the Kingdom of God, and he wants you to know that. There are no superstars. All it takes is five minutes of your time. Even, even just say: Hello Jesus. I'm here. That's it. Days get so busy and overwhelming, and sometimes all you want to do is curl up in a ball, but God is always always there. He loves you. Your precious, worthy and beautiful, and you are his child. He loves on you constantly, so try loving on Him back, and see the COOL awesome things that he does. That's it. That's my blog post.

No comments: