Monday, January 2, 2012

Brand New

When 2012 rolled around I was busy scraping the ice and snow off the back of my window on the side of some random street so I wouldn't be pulled over by the cops. In previous years I would look upon this as a massive fail. Now, I look upon it as being me. 2011 brought about a lot of issues and painful realizations, paired with incomprehensible hope. I have began to realize that God cannot be put in a box to be taken out when your ready. I have began to realize that making decisions that bring you life are as important as breathing, just as stuffing God in a box, you can't stuff yourself in one either, that brings lifelessness. Something else I've discovered is that healing from old wounds is more painful and hard then one would assume. But, I have also discovered that walking through that healing with the Holy Spirit makes for an incredible experience. I have discovered that I had lost my joy in years past, and instead it was replaced with sadness. I have been on a journey to get all my joy and more back. I have become more in love with my Jesus as 2011 went by. And, one of the most important things I have decided to keep in mind for 2012 that I have learned in 2011 is this: It's ok to fail. It's ok to fall, but it's really really important to get back up and keep fighting. Fight for your joy. Fight for hope. Fight for relationships. Fight for a relationship with Jesus. Don't give up just because you've fallen down so many times. Keep standing and fighting, cause it pisses the enemy off. Give your whole heart to the Father of Lights and he will bless you with more than you can imagine. Just remember, it's important to fight for life. 


© Julia Bethany

No comments: