Monday, September 10, 2012

Fight

I think that we spend to much time in our lives thinking that we aren't worth as much as we are, and therefore  we don't live up to our potential. We walk through this life looking at all the things we don't have, we try to measure up, and when we don't we drudge on, disappointed again. But see, something that God has been trying again and again to teach me is this: We don't have to measure up. We all have this special, one of a kind intrinsic value that no one else on earth has. And you know, those that understand God's love for them, those that understand that they are valued and cherished, it's obvious. They walk through this life with a glint, a spark, they walk through this life with the grace of knowing that they are imperfect, but that they are loved. And, despite God sharing and trying to teach me this over and over and over again, I still reject it because in my head there is no plausible way that someone could love me like that. Truthfully, I think that God has me at the point where I understand that he loves me infinitely, but I can't accept it because I don't feel worthy. I feel like I don't measure up. Why should He love me, and speak to me, and treat me with such love and grace? Today, I came to a realization. It's a choice. We have a choice to accept God's love and grace. It's always there. I came to another realization. Many, many Christians are in the same predicament. We all slide through life believing in something that we truly, really wish was true with all our hearts. We go through the motions daily because it's right. Because we pretend to believe but don't actually know. This is the way I see it in my own life. The reason I can't accept God's love for me is because I can't let go. I can't completely come to him unchained because those chains are comfortable. It is way easier to tear yourself apart then to build yourself up. It is far easier to think of yourself as unworthy, than worthy. We go through the daily comfort of our lives not realizing that the daily comfort is what has us chained. I'm not saying comfort is bad, I'm saying that when we go numb it's bad. When we no longer hear the small still voice because we no longer listen, that's when it's dire. I see many Christians in the captivity of comfort. You know what's comfortable? Fear. Shame. Guilt. Worry. All chains. All chains that are so comfortable because we are so used to wearing them. We are so used to wearing them that we aren't even willing to shed them in order to accept this perfect, wonderful indescribable love. And you know what. I call bull. I call enough is enough. Enough. We have been fed lies so long that we don't know which way is up! Satan is a rotten, deceitful thief. He's stolen to many precious souls with his slithery whispers of death dealing blows. I learned something today that I'd always been told but never really understood before. We are in this massive, desperate fight for our souls. We are in a time where, Satan gets away with far to much, and we stand complacent in our chains. We live in a time where not a lot of people understand, let alone know and accept the love of God. Fight. Fight for your right to accept God's love. Fight for the hope of one day understanding and knowing that you are worthy. Fight for your soul. Fight for that glimmer of understanding that some people have. We have been pretending to long. We have been hoping that it's been enough. It hasn't been. The enemy is firmly entrenched in our camp and it's time to tell him to get the hell out. I'm game. Are you?

No comments: